Download a free 1024×768 resolution desktop wallpaper photo of a Man Walking at Sunset – 80 Mile Beach, Western Australia.
In late 2003 I travelled up the West Australian Coast from Perth to Broome. Along the way I stopped for a day and night at the deserted 80 Mile Beach.
Eighty Mile Beach is located almost half way between the West Australian towns of Broome and Port Hedland. As the name suggests, the beach is 80 miles in length (140 km). A remote caravan park on the beach some 10km from the Great Northern Highway is a great place to relax for a few days away from mobile phone coverage 🙂
Because the beach is so flat and smooth, after high tide has receded the wet sand reflects the setting sun for quite a distance away from the breaking waves along which the man in the photo is walking.
- Click on the preview photo
- When the full size photo is displayed from the Picasa web album – click on Download Photo in the right-hand side menu and Save
- Camera: Nikon 110s
- Wallpaper format: JPG 496 Kb in size
- Original Photo: Film negative
- F stop: unknown
- Exposure time: unknown
- ISO: 400 Fuji Superia film
- Metering & Focusing: Centre weighted
- Focal Length: unknown
- Original Resolution: 35mm film
- Optical Image Stabilisation: Not available
- Tripod Used: No
Every month I’ll publish a new 1024×768 resolution Free Desktop Wallpaper for your computer from the archives of photos I’ve taken, subscribe to my RSS feed to make sure you get the next one.
Other photos I’ve taken can be viewed at my Google Picasa Web Photo Album